Dear GFWC Citrus Heights Women’s Club (CHWC) Members,
From my heart to yours: I am excited to welcome you! You made an outstanding decision to join our club. Our club offers not only volunteering opportunities, but also ways to make a difference in our community, to build strong teamwork, and to enhance your personal growth and leadership skills.
Our 2022-2024 theme is “We have a heart to serve others.” To achieve that mission, some of our exciting projects involve:
• Supporting local foster care children by providing them with Holiday gifts through Lilliput
• Bringing awareness and prevention of sex trafficking through our bra collection for “Free the Girls”
• Donating essential women’s items and handmade bags to Julie’s Purse Project and Women’s Veterans
• Supporting and honoring local veterans through our Remembrance Stars for Vets (recycling old American flag project)
• Preventing blindness and eyesight disease concerns to third world nations by donating eyeglasses through Compassion Link
One of the CHWC’s benefits is that we tailor our projects to the community’s current needs and the members’ passions. We identify skills and abilities on our interest sheet and join forces.
We are open to new ideas and more members to share in the fun! We are a diverse and active club; our members share one vital goal: a desire to positively impact the Citrus Heights community. We embrace every age, race, religion, political affiliation, and orientation. Our club is welcoming of visitors. Attending one of our meetings is free. Our club is unique – we have both day and evening meetings on the first Wednesday at noon and 6 pm year around.
One of the things I love about CHWC is it’s a terrific opportunity for me to participate in fun and meaningful volunteer activities with a great network of enthusiastic women.
Jeanmarie Willbee, CHWC President 2022-2024